We’re musing over rebirth this issue, but as usual, this is a space for babes and their rituals. What does that mean? Well, it’s ritual enough to claim space for our work, season after season. Like last issue, we welcome work of all mediums and spirits, so long as they honor the space.
You can write or make anything you want to make. I have always wanted Moonrise to be the space for just those projects. But if you’re stumped, if you work better with a framework, or if you want to challenge yourself to something specific, I’ve got some prompts for you.
- Show us a diary or an art journal. Make one for a season, a month, or a feeling.
- Show us somewhere you went that meant a lot to you.
- Show us your favorite things: objects, places, people, ideas.
- Tell us about your new or old practices and rituals, and what they mean to you.
- Tell us about your spring/summer/warm weather feelings.
- Tell us about your identity. Stake it out and celebrate it.
- Tell us about where and who you come from.
- Tell us what rebirth means to you.
- Tell us about your heroes.
- Tell us about your grandma.
And, of course, feel free to tell us or show us anything. Make what you have always wanted to.
Any medium, any length. Feel free to pitch me a piece or project before diving in, or to go ahead and send in your work to email@example.com. If we’ve chatted before, I’ll be in touch.
Let’s do this between now and June 30. I’ll take it from there, tie it all together, and release the zine into the world throughout the summer. Contributors will be gifted with a copy of the zine.
Sound good? Let me know. I can’t wait to hear from you.
Written by Missy J. Kennedy.